We understand that every tenant wants to live in a comfortable and well maintained property – even if it’s for a short time.
In a fast changing market you can ensure that you don’t miss out by having access to the most suitable properties to rent.
When you rent through us, you can expect:
- Highly vetted properties which adhere to legal, safety and habitual standards
- A stress free tenancy supported by a professional property manager
- Extensive local knowledge
- Access to properties earlier than through property portals
We have excellent relationships with landlords and many use our full management service where we look after all aspects of the tenancy. At Jones Robinson we have new properties being registered every week. Click here and let us find you your new home.
Find out more in our tenants terms and charges.
Zero Deposit Guarantee
From December 2018, we were the first agent in the Newbury area to offer a zero deposit guarantee for tenants, enabling huge savings for those tenants who are looking to move house. Instead of tenants having to pay a deposit equivalent to a month’s rent – or more, depending on individual landlord’s requirements – you are only required to pay an amount to buy the guarantee equivalent to one week’s rent. Zerodeposit.com give the landlord the security they require.
This cost effective method of moving house is a very simple scheme and when tenants move out, they pay for any damage or unpaid rent. Any disputes are expertly evaluated by TDS, and more importantly all disputes are resolved within a 28 day period.
The policy is underwritten by Munich Re, the world’s second largest insurance company. If you’d like to know more, please contact Jones Robinson’s lettings department on 01635 581991 or click here for more details.
ARLA Propertymark Members
As members of ARLA Propertymark, our company:
- Is backed by a Client Money Protection (CMP) scheme *
- Has experienced and trained professionals who are required to undertake regular training
- Keeps up to date with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Submits independently audited financial accounts to Propertymark
- Is checked to ensure we meet all legal obligations
- Adheres to a nationally recognised Code of Practice
- Holds professional indemnity insurance
* As a Propertymark protected organisation, our Client Money Handling Procedures are covered in Propertymark’s Conduct and Membership Rules at https://www.propertymark.co.uk/media/1045366/conduct-and-membership-rules.pdf
We believe in being completely upfront regarding our fees – so you can manage the cost effectively and don’t have to worry about any hidden charges along the way.
All fees shown below are inclusive of VAT.
Holding Deposit – This equates to one week’s rent. (Monthly rent x 12/52). For further details of how this will be used and the circumstances under why it may be retained, please refer to our tenant’s guide.
Security deposit – This is equal to 1.25 x the monthly rental.
The following charges apply to new tenancies exchanged on or after 1st June 2019.
- Change to the tenancy – £50 inclusive of VAT for each change requested.
- Replacing lost keys, alarm/security fobs and any other device required for access to the property – the fee charged will cover the direct replacement cost and you will be provided with the details of how you can arrange this yourself. If you would like Jones Robinson to arrange this for you, a pro-rata hourly charge of £18 including VAT will apply and all additional charges will be demonstrated.
- If you fail to pay your rent, you will be charged 3% above the current Bank of England base rate for each day from the point at which the rent became legally due. Such charge is subject to the rent remaining unpaid for a minimum of 14 days or more.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax – payable on the tenancies where the rent exceeds £125,000 please contact HMRC for further information.
The following charges apply to tenancies exchanged prior to 1st June 2019 and apply up to and including 31st May 2020.
- Guarantor reference – £72 inclusive of VAT.
- Express check-in fee – £72 inclusive of VAT when you want to move in within 5 working days.
- A new tenancy if you have a pet – 2 months’ rent as a deposit is required instead of the standard deposit indicated above.
- Change of occupier / re-referencing after making advance payment £216 inclusive of VAT.
- Replacing lost inventory £36 inclusive of VAT.
- Return of overpaid rent at end of tenancy (if sent back independently to deposit return) £36 inclusive of VAT.
- If cleaning, movement of furniture, garden maintenance or shopping for lost items are required after the end of the tenancy £36 per hour inclusive of VAT.
- Rent reminder letter £15 inclusive of VAT.
- Tenant lease extension/renewal £90 inclusive of VAT.
- Interest of 4% above the Bank of England base rate payable from the date on which the rent was due until the date on which it is actually paid.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax – payable on the tenancies where the rent exceeds £125000 please contact HMRC for further information.
Our tenant’s guide is available upon request and from all our offices.