In January 2022, we committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2030 or sooner and partnered with Carbon Footprint Ltd to help us calculate the carbon footprint of Jones Robinson as a business.
We were delighted to achieve Net Zero status by September of 2022 for our Scope 1 and 2 emissions, as a result of us supporting three world-wide projects, to offset our carbon emissions for 2021. Full details of these projects are featured in our ‘Achieving Net Zero’ page on our website.
We’re working hard to identify ways we can reduce our Scope 3 emissions, a longer-term project, but we’re on track to achieving Net Zero by 2030 in line with our original goal. The gold standard for us is to reduce our carbon emissions at source, ideally to zero and this is what we’re all working towards.
Carbon Footprint Ltd are a Founding Member of the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for Carbon Offsetting and this means we can be confident that any project we choose will directly benefit the community it’s located in and will have a positive impact on climate change.
Our total CO2 emissions for 2021 were 153 tonnes, 19.97 tonnes from Scope 1 and Scope 2 and 132.91 under Scope 3. We’re seeking to reduce our Scope 1 and 2 emissions in 2022 by switching to renewable energy tariffs and starting to change our company car fleet over to hybrid and electric vehicles as our leases end on our current company cars. The reduction of our Scope 3 emissions is longer-term but we’re on track to achieving Net Zero by 2030 in line with our original goal. The gold standard for us is to reduce our carbon emissions at source, ideally to zero and this is what we’re all working towards.
We’ve agreed the projects that we want to support to offset our footprint and it’s been very exciting to work with Carbon Footprint Ltd as we can be confident that any project we choose will directly benefit the community it’s located in and will have a positive impact on climate change.
Details of the projects we are supporting are in our blogs ...
Up Energy Improved Cookstoves Programme, Uganda - read more HERE
Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation in Keo Seima Wildlife Sanctuary in Cambodia
Buenos Aires Renewable Energy Project
Our journey to achieving Net Zero followed three key steps:
• Define the Jones Robinson view of what Net Zero looks like for us
• Calculate our carbon footprint for the business across all scopes
• Define and allocate emissions to the relevant Scope (1, 2 or 3)
Our partners, Carbon Footprint Ltd, are one of the most trusted climate change solutions providers in the world and work with a wide range of customers, from small to medium sized companies (SMEs) to global brands and public and private sectors alike, to shape the agenda for environmental and carbon management for businesses. Carbon Footprint Ltd is a family owned and managed business focused on providing climate change solutions who:
• Have been helping organisations reduce & offset emissions for more than 15 years
• Host and manage the most popular carbon calculator on the internet (with over 400,000 unique visitors per month)
• Support around 100 carbon reduction projects around the world and have access to many more
• Were a founding member of the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for carbon offsetting
• Are regularly asked by the BBC and other media to provide expert comment on Climate Change Solutions and Carbon Offsetting
• Have provided services to hundreds of organisations including The United Nations, UK Government, Tata Steel, IKEA, Candy Group, Deutsche Bank, Pfizer, Axminster Carpets, Business Link, Winchester University, Rightmove, BMW, DHL, plus many local councils and UK energy companies