West Berkshire Dementia Action Alliance
During 2018 we raised almost £65,000 for local charities, with more than £57,000 donated to the Rosemary Appeal, Dialysis and Cancer Care for West Berkshire, which was our nominated charity for 2017-2018.
For 2019, we have chosen the West Berkshire Dementia Action Alliance as our main charity and will be planning several fund raising events during the year.
Their website is at:
Their aim is to improve the lives of people living with dementia in West Berkshire by:
- Continuing to further develop dementia friendly communities for people with dementia, their carers and families
- Working collaboratively with voluntary and statutory services, businesses and the wider community
- Seeking membership from businesses, services, individuals and organisations in West Berkshire
- Assisting in the formation of other Dementia Action Alliances
- Establishing and maintaining effective support through signposting and information sharing networks
- Ensuring that the voices of people with dementia, their carers and families are heard and guiding the work of the West Berkshire Dementia Action Alliance
- Raising awareness of dementia across local communities
- Encouraging the whole community to become Dementia Friends
- Working towards necessary improvements to enable people with dementia and their carers to live independently in their community for as long as possible
If you’d like to make a donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org